What’s Spring Fling without a concert?

Megan Miller, News Editor

Spring Fling is here again which means we’re getting closer and closer to the end of the spring semester. This year, however, is different than most years in the past. No PnB Rock this year or any other well-known artist, this year we get a comedy show. This is not to say that it won’t be a fun event, but what’s spring fling without a concert? In years past, the concert was the event that brought spring fling all together. It was the event that cultivated what spring fling in college is supposed to be all about. Also, why the sudden change in events. Was it due to the budget this year, administration preference, public safety, or artist availability? Hopefully, this year doesn’t start a concert-less trend for the years to come. Other colleges and universities such as Yale are hosting artists such as Lil Uzi Vert, not comedy shows as their main event. Everyone’s memories of spring fling always involve the concert. Last year, PnB Rock was a blast for most students. Although we had to stand in the mud and turn our shoes brown, the fun was worth all the negatives that could have outweighed it. Looking at the events calendar for this year, one of the highlights could be the quad DJ battles organized by residential life on Saturday, April 13 in the 6’s and 4’s. Looking ahead to next year, hopefully, we get to see a real spring fling concert like most colleges across the country get to have.