Men’s soccer victorious in recent games

Chaz Young, Sports Editor

The University of Hartford men’s soccer team is on the right track as they pulled off a home opening win at UHART on Saturday, in a final score of 2-0 against state rivals, Fairfield. The game saw a lot of fun trills, spills, and chills as both teams battle each other on the field.

Sophomore player Jordan Koduah scored the first point of the game, a point that was also his first goal of the 2019-2020 soccer season. In addition to Koduah, players Sergi Martinez and Tomer Trimmer also contribute to the game in their efforts of defensive plays. Senior Jimmy Slayton, who is also one of the goalkeepers, brought multiple saves to the team, denying Fairfield from scoring on multiple occasions.

On September 24th, the team went against another in-state rival team, the Blue Devils of CCSU. Their kick-off happened at 6:00 pm on a brisk fall evening at CCSU Soccer Field, with the Hawks taking yet another win to their 2019-2020 roster, with a final score of 2-0 against CCSU, as the Hawks denied any chance of CCSU getting back into the game.

In Tuesdays match junior player Nyrik Antonie and player Connor Aksoz, along with a few others were all in helping hand as they celebrated another victory. 5-2 on the year.

The Men’s Soccer team next game is this coming Friday at 7:00 pm, with the team going up-against UAlbany once again in Albany, New York, kick-off is set for 7:00 pm at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium. The team is victorious in more than just one way.

The value of teamwork and friendship makes this team unstoppable as they keep-up the great work on and off the field.

PHOTO CREDIT: Hartford Sports Information