Men’s Basketball at UHart

Patrick Bellamy Jr., Staff Writer

The University of Hartford men’s basketball team is trying to rebound after losing big over Oakland, in final score, 60-50. Oakland came for battle, as they took Hartford on the court from the beginning of the first through the second half. The Golden Grizzlies pushed ahead in the first half with a 8-0 lead over The Hawks, with Oakland scoring the first six points of the game and extending their lead to as much as 18 in the first. Hartford would eventually scored and cut the lead to just 15 as they approach halftime, which resulted in concluding the first half with a score of 34-19. In favor of Oakland. In the second half, it was Hartford who would begin the opening half battling out right from the start. The Hawks cut their lead after player D.J. Mitchell score a three point shot, with just 11 minutes remaining in the second half.

Hartford with a strategy, used an 8-2 run to cut the lead to as small as just five points with just under 2:00 minutes on the clock. However, the Golden Grizzlies of Oakland came back stronger and with some incredible defensive and offensive plays, and some spills and chills brought along the way, Oakland won. Considering they prevented Hartford from scoring any additional points under the remaining two minutes in the game. But it wasn’t all bad news for the men’s basketball at Hartford. Sophomore player Hunter Marks, finished with 11 points and 13 rebounds in the game, and was recognized for his very first career double-double during the game.

The Hawks have fallen to 3-2 on the season so far, while the Golden Grizzlies improved to 4-2.

IMAGE COURTESY OF HARTFORD SPORTS INFORMATION