Men’s Basketball loses their recent game

Megan Miller, Editor in Chief

The Hartford men’s basketball team faced off against Texas State on the road in their last game. The Hawks did not take home the win but came close in a 55-69 loss. The Texas State Bobcats started the game hot with a 6-0 run just before the Hawks went on 7-0 a run of their own. For a majority of the first half, the game was full of momentum shifts for the two teams. Going into halftime, the Bobcats held a 33-24 lead over the Hawks.

After the break, the Bobcats went on another run pulling them ahead of Hartford by double-digits. Sophomore Hunter Marks then hit a huge three-pointer that would again change the momentum of the game. Marks, the Australia native, finished the game strong with a season-high of 20 points. Marks also tallied eight rebounds for his team in the final game of the Southwestern Showdown. Another key contributor in the game was Moses Flowers who tallied 17 points of his own. Together, Marks and Flowers accounted for over half of Hartford’s total points for the night.

Overall, the team dropped to a 4-5 overall record and look ahead to their upcoming home games against St. Francis Brooklyn on Thursday, Dec. 5 and Sacred Heart on Sunday, Dec. 8.

The Hawks have a four-game stretch of home games between Thursday, Dec. 5 and Sunday, Dec. 22.