The Best Cheesecake Factory Cheesecakes

Image Courtesy of Wikimedia.org

Danielle Hart, Staff Writer

With a 21-page menu and 30 different types of cheesecake, The Cheesecake Factory can satisfy probably any craving someone might have, ever. Over the weekend, I ventured away from campus dining, and headed over to The Cheesecake Factory in West Hartford with some friends. Now, the menu itself is quite possibly the most intimidating menu I have ever seen in the history of restaurants, but towards the end of the meal, the only thing I could think of was the extensive selection of cheesecakes. And what is the point of going to The Cheesecake Factory if you leave without trying a slice of cheesecake? If you happen to find yourself flustered with the choices, I have narrowed down the best five cheesecakes for you to choose from; you are welcome. All of these choices are subjective, so take my word, or do not, it will not bother me one bit, but these are the best in my opinion.

Starting off at the number five spot is the Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake. At a whopping 1620 calories, this slice has the most calories of all the cheesecakes here. This one is sure to satisfy that sweet craving after a big savory meal. The cake consists of a cheesecake layered with Oreo cookies, topped with chocolate icing and Oreo cookie mousse. If you love the chocolate cookie snack, then this is the slice for you.

The next best would be the Tiramisu Cheesecake. Now, the description is simple. Tiramisu and cheesecake combined into one 960 calorie slice! This one is ranked fourth because of its heavenly scent and flavor, but also because of the presentation, which radiates confidence in only the way a cheesecake can.

Following in at the number three position is the Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake. Contrary to belief, this cheesecake has been their most popular cheesecake for over 40 years! This gets ranked at number three because of its original flavor. No one can beat the glazed strawberries and whipped cream it comes with. Easily a classic, and if it is not broken, do not fix it!.

My second favorite cheesecake is the Dulce De Leche Caramel Cheesecake. This one is the runner up because of its caramel cheesecake and mousse. It is also topped with almond brickle (YUM), with a vanilla crust. If you are a big caramel fan, this is the one for you.

Coming in at the number one spot on my list… drum roll please… the Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake. (air horn sounds). This cheesecake has continuously been at my number one spot since I first stepped foot into a Cheesecake Factory. The slice consists of layers of red velvet cake and cheesecake, covered in cream cheese frosting and finished with white chocolate. By far, the best, creamiest and most moist (i know i know gross word, i had to) cake I have ever tasted.

That wraps it up for my list of best Cheesecake Factory Cheesecakes. There are certainly some high-quality cakes that were unable to crack this list, however I could live the rest of my life limiting myself to just these five. If you have never tried The Cheesecake Factory, you absolutely must give it a shot. When campus dining gets boring and you have to spice things up a bit, head down to Blueback Square in West Hartford, CT to see what all the hype is about.