Hartt School Events to Enjoy

Image Courtesy of QA+MARCHITECTURE.COM

Jared Kozar, Staff Writer

Even when Spring Break comes to a close and students start to fill the classrooms and halls of the University of Hartford, that doesn’t mean the fun stops.
There are many awesome events and activities going on around campus that keep the fun going, including music performances, plays, and sports games. If you’re into music, there are two amazing events you should check out.
One great event that’s going on after break is the Hartt Wind Ensemble And Symphony Band, where band members play various wind instruments, including flutes, trumpets, and more. This event is on Friday, March 27 at 7:30pm, and tickets are free.
Additionally, the Hartt Orchestra is playing on Saturday, March 28that 7:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Theater. If you’re a music major (or just interested in listening to music, or maybe you want to discover new types of music) these two events will be right up your alley.
For the theater fans out there, “In The Soundless Awe,” a play about the U.S.S. Indiana and how it was sunk by Japanese forces during World War II, is playing from Thursday April 2nd to Sunday April 5th at the Handel Performing Art Center. Tickets are free, but they must be reserved in advance.
There are also events for the sports fans on campus.
There’s a Men’s Lacrosse game on March 28th. The game is between UHart and the University of Albany Great Danes. The game is at 1pm.
There’s a Women’s Lacrosse game, which is also taking place on March 21st, and this is between Hartford and Binghamton Bearcats.
Finally, UHart’s baseball team is facing the Yale Bulldogs in New Haven on March 25th at 3:30pm.
Whatever you’re into, be it music, theater, or sports, there are plenty of fun games and events that await students at the end of spring break and heading into April.