Movies up for the 2020 People’s Choice Awards

Courtesy of pca.eonline.com

Erin Cascone, Staff Writer

Despite 2020 being unique, the world of entertainment it had a lot to offer. There was never a dull moment that could not be subsided with watching a new blockbuster from new music, TV series, and movies. Now is your chance to vote on your favorite entertainment of the year for the People’s Choice Awards! Voting for the 2020 awards opened on October 1st and will close on October 23rd.  Check out the complete list of movies up for awards below!

Bad Boys for Life:
The sequel to Bad Boys II (2003) and the third installment in the Bad Boys trilogy. In Bad Boys for Life, Miami detectives Mike Lowrey (Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Lawrence) investigate a string of murders tied to Lowrey’s troubled past.

Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn:
American superhero film based on the DC Comics team Birds of Prey. The film follows Harley Quinn as she joins forces with Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Lance, and Renee Montoya to save Cassandra Cain from Gotham City crime lord Roman Sionis.

Extraction:
The film’s cast also features Rudhraksh Jaiswal, Randeep Hooda, Golshifteh Farahani, Pankaj Tripathi, and David Harbour. It follows a black-ops mercenary who must rescue an Indian drug lord’s kidnapped son in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Hamilton:
The show is about the rise and fall of founding father Alexander Hamilton. It focuses on his immigrant roots, his quest to earn status on the battlefield, and later, helping to form the United States government. It is told from the perspective of Hamilton’s lifelong rival, Aaron Burr.

Power Project:
Starring Jamie Foxx, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Dominique Fishback, alongside Colson Baker, Rodrigo Santoro, Amy Landecker, and Allen Maldonado. The plot follows a drug dealer, a police officer, and a former soldier who team up to stop distributing a pill that gives the user superpowers for five minutes.

The Invisible Man:
About a woman who believes she is being stalked by her abusive and wealthy boyfriend, even after his apparent suicide, and ultimately realizes that he has acquired the ability to become invisible.

The Old Guard:
Andromache “Andy” of Scythia, Booker, Joe, and Nicky are centuries-old warriors with regenerative healing abilities who use their vast experience to help people. Breaking their rule of working for the same people twice, they are hired by former CIA operative Copley to rescue a group of kidnapped children in South Sudan.

Trolls World Tour:
Poppy and Branch discover that they are one of six different Troll tribes scattered over six different lands devoted to six different kinds of music: Funk, Country, Techno, Classical, Pop, and Rock. Their world is about to get a lot bigger and a whole lot louder.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga:
As the only surviving contestants, Fire Saga automatically becomes Iceland’s entry to the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest. … Once there, they struggle with a new remix of their song and Lars’ desire for an elaborate stage design.

Like A Boss:
The plot follows two friends who attempt to control their cosmetics company back from an industry titan.

The Kissing Booth 2:
In the sequel to 2018’s movie The Kissing Booth, high school senior Elle juggles a long-distance relationship with her dreamy boyfriend Noah, college applications, and a new friendship with a handsome classmate that could change everything.

The King of Staten Island:
It stars Pete Davidson, Marisa Tomei, Bill Burr, Bel Powley, Maude Apatow, and Steve Buscemi. This movie follows a young man who must get his life together.

The Lovebirds:
The film stars Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani and Paul Sparks, Anna Camp, and Kyle Bornheimer, and follows a couple who goes on the run after witnessing a murder.

The Wrong Missy:
Tim has a blind date with Melissa, nicknamed Missy. Missy is extremely strange, and her odd behavior turns out to be disastrous for Tim. This movie stars David Spade as Tim and Lauren Lapkus as Missy.

To All the Boys: PS I Still Love You:
Lara Jean and Peter have just taken their relationship from pretending to officially official when another recipient of one of her old love letters enters the picture.

Bill & Ted Face the Music:
American science fiction comedy film directed by Dean Parisot and written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. In the film, Bill and Ted must write a song to unite humanity before time and space are destroyed.

Bloodshot:
An American superhero film based on the Valiant Comics character of the same name. It is intended to be the first installment in a series of films set within a Valiant Comics shared cinematic universe.

Mulan:
Mulan is a girl, the only child of her honored family. When the Huns invade China, one man from every family is called to arms. … Mulan, who just got rejected by the matchmaker because she had set her on fire, decides to prove that she is worth something and steals away to fit her father’s place in the Chinese army.

Tenet:
Armed with only one word – Tenet – and fighting for the survival of the entire world, the Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real-time. Not time travel.

The Old Guard:
The Drama Movie of 2020

Dangerous Lies:
When a wealthy elderly man dies and unexpectedly leaves his estate to his new caregiver, she is drawn into a web of deception and murder. If she survives, she will have to question everyone’s motives – even the people she loves.

Greyhound:
The plot follows a commander of the US Navy on his first war-time assignment in command of a multi-national escort group defending a merchant ship convoy under attack by submarines in early-1942 during the Battle of the Atlantic, only months after the US officially entered World War II.

I Still Believe:
It is based on the life of American contemporary Christian music singer-songwriter Jeremy Camp and his first wife, Melissa Lynn Henning-Camp. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer shortly before they married. Camp’s song “I Still Believe” is the film’s namesake.

The High Note:
The film stars Dakota Johnson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Zoë Chao, Bill Pullman, Eddie Izzard, and Ice Cube. It follows a famous singer’s personal assistant who wants to become a music producer.

The Photograph:
American romantic drama film written and directed by Stella Meghie. It follows the estranged daughter (Issa Rae) of a famous photographer who falls in love with the journalist (Lakeith Stanfield), investigating her late mother’s life.

The Way Back:
About a ragtag basketball team at a Catholic high school, and a damaged alcoholic coach (Ben Affleck) who finds a way to force them into being winners, into being better people, even. Jack Cunningham (Affleck) is a mess. He works construction and spends his nights at a dive bar, where he is a regular.