Fall TikTok Trends

Courtesy of usatoday.com

Erin Cascone,  Staff Writer

In today’s social media world, TikTok has gained a broad audience from various demographics, from kids to college students, parents, and even some grandparents. There is something for everyone. The app TikTok is a social network for sharing user-generated videos. This app’s content ranges from popular lip-syncing songs, dancing challenges, life hacks, fitness progress, health tips, cooking, art-making, and more. Users can browse their feed and can interact with another user’s content. With any social media platform, there are popular trends that users imitate and share. Some of the most current fall TikTok trends include:

College Campus Tours
As most TikTok users are back at school, videos have been circulating regarding their college campuses. In these short videos, students show their favorite buildings, delicious places to eat, and aspects that make their campus unique. During these unpredictable times with COVID-19, these videos allow juniors and seniors in high school to see features a standard college tour would not usually see or, because of these unfortunate times, even allowed on campus to see.

Halloween Costumes
As Halloween is just around the corner, TikTok is flooded with the content of past costume ideas for individuals, couples, and groups. In addition to presenting users with new costumes ideas, there are even videos for those crafty enough to make their costumes. The most popular costumes on this app range from Harley Quinn, astronauts, ghosts, Power puff girls, and inmates.

Holiday Wish Lists
It is never too early to think about the holidays, especially on TikTok. In the last two weeks, many users have been posting their wish list for the holidays. These videos have inspired others to start thinking about what to get their friends and family and what they want. Top gift items include Nike Air Force One sneakers, the iPhone 11, Air Pods, and gift cards to their favorite clothing and food places.