Spring Sports Are A Go!

Image Courtesy of Hartford Sports Information

T.J. Hummel, Sports Editor

As snow continues to seemingly fall every other day, the University of Hartford is into its second week of classes. The cold weather sort of brings a hush around campus, bringing a calmness not usually seen this time of year.

Well, things are going to start heating up because spring sports are back! Men’s and women’s lacrosse announced their schedules had been released. The men’s lacrosse team is set to take on tough conference rival the University of Albany on March 6th on the Zook. This will be the first time the men have taken the field in 364 days. I’m sure they, as well as the rest of the University of Hartford, are eager and ready to kick off the season and represent all of us here at the University of Hartford.

The women’s lacrosse team also announced their spring schedule for this semester. The women are scheduled to play nine games over a nine-week stretch, which includes five dates that the team will defend our home turf on Al-Marzook Field at Alumni Stadium. The women are set to make their long-awaited return to the field on March 6th as they host Vermont.

Women’s volleyball and men’s soccer also announced their schedules for the upcoming spring semester. The team is looking to capitalize off of last year’s success, which saw them in the title match for the America East Championship. Volleyball is set to play 12 matches this season, including three here at home. The men’s soccer team is set to take the field for six Friday matchups, including three on home turf. The team is looking to build off of last year’s success, as they climbed their way into the America East Championship match.