Track and Field Shatters Five School Records

Image Courtesy of Hartford Hawks.com

T.J. Hummel, Sports Editor

The University of Hartford Track and Field team continued its record-breaking start to their 2021 spring campaign as they set five new school records at the Wilton Wright Invitational. On the women’s side, Grad student Samantha Moravsky and freshman Robyn Krafft broke the javelin and discuss records, respectively. On the men’s side, Sophomore Anthony Clavette set a new high jump record while Dylan Murad and Uchenna Duru broke the shot put and discus records.

The Men’s team finished with two gold medal performances and three new school records. Anthony Clavette started his outdoor career on a high note, clearing a height of 2.01m in the high jump to shatter the previous school record and take home the event win. Dylan Murad continued to etch his name on the program’s leaderboard, throwing the shot put 15.09 to beat his previous record, finishing in third place. Uchenna Duru became the new leader in the discus as he finished in third place with a throw of 44.47m. To round out the highlights, Victor Shapovalov earned gold-medal honors in the javelin, setting a mark of 59.20m.

On the women’s side, the team finished with seven first-place finishers and three new school records. Samantha Moravsky made it a debut meet to remember as she won the javelin with a throw of 47.55m, shattering the previous school record by 10.23m. Robyn Kraff dominated in her first meet in a Hawks’ uniform as she earned first-place honors in both the discus and shot put. Her throw of 40.28m in the discus set a new school record while winning the shot put with a mark of 10.93m. To round out the highlights, Senior Elizabeth Long took home gold in the high jump while Molly McGrail (600m), Abby Myers (400m hurdles), and Brianna Harris (200m) all took home the win on the track.

The Hawks continue their 2021 campaign this Saturday, April 10th, as they travel up north to meet the Vermont Catamounts.