Meet the Informer: Pierce Mulholland

Meet the Informer: Pierce Mulholland

Pierce Mulholland, Distribution Manager

Hello, my name is Pierce Mulholland, and I serve as the distribution manager for the Hartford Informer. I am currently in my Junior year studying Mechanical Engineering. I began here as a staff writer during my sophomore year writing opinion pieces for the sports section before being hired as the Distribution Manager for my Junior year. Normally the distribution manager would be concerned with the delivery of the physical copies of the paper. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I have shifted my focus to bolstering our social media presence and looking for new ways to reach readers on the web.  

Although I have come to call the University of Hartford my home, I live in a small town in New London county called Salem, CT. There I live with my parents and our tuxedo cat that only really likes my mom. I have three older siblings, but they have all moved out and spread all over the country to start their own families. Seeing my family find success following their own interests caused me to pursue mechanical engineering as my major. I always loved trying to create new inventions or figure out how complex machines worked, and math always came easy to me, so it makes sense that I enjoy my classes so much to this day.

Outside of classes and the Informer, I am also a member of the Rugby team on campus, and next year I will serve on the E-Board as President. This passion for sports was the initial reason for starting here at The Informer back when I was just a staff writer. If all goes well by this time next year, we should be gearing up to make a run for nationals again like we did my freshman year, which was the last spring we were even able to play.