Congrats to our Graduating Informer Staff (and a Thank You to our Readers)

Ryan Gorneault, Entertainment Editor

This past school year has been unlike any other, with the COVID-19 pandemic changing the way we live life and connect with others. We have dealt with great losses and have seen the things we took for granted ripped away from us, but throughout this time, we have also seen humanity come together unlike never before. As a community, we pulled through, did a hell of a great job of adapting no matter how tiring it felt, and fought for what we believed in. 

We collectively realized that no matter what happens, we cannot sit back and stand by as the world changes around us. Ultimately, we are the change we want to see in the world. We have the power to make a significant difference and leave a mark on this school and wherever we go when we are done here. As the virus continues dying down, we will all appreciate each other and choose to see the good in each other.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have worked for The Hartford Informer with such a fantastic staff of creators and writers, and I look forward to continuing with the paper next school year. I sincerely hope that we at The Informer kept you all updated, entertained you, and helped further connect you to the things you love and to people you may not have connected with otherwise. We will continue to strive to be the best writers we can be, and hopefully, leave a positive impression on the University of Hartford. We are here to serve the student body and inform you all, and we will continue to do so as long as we are up and running.

The Informer would be remiss if we did not congratulate the four members of our staff who are moving on from college into the real world. Our Editor-in-Chief Alexander Ortiz, our Managing Editor Andrew Prokop, our Business Manager Kyle Billand, and our Sports Editor T.J. Hummel are all continuing on the journey of life and will undoubtedly be successful wherever they go. 

Alex began with The Informer as a Social Media Intern and Co-Director of Communication, before climbing up the ranks, becoming Director of Communication, and then Editor-in-Chief. He has also written numerous articles pertaining to the worlds of sports and health.

Andrew acted as the Managing Editor for The Informer, reviewing the writers’ submissions for errors before publication. He was also in charge of the paper’s Opinion Section, helping to bring the student body’s viewpoints to life, connecting people in the process. 

Kyle acted as the Distribution Manager for The Informer when he first joined, delivering papers and tracking pickup rates. He then became the paper’s Business Manager, helping to balance the budget and obtain advertisements. 

T.J. has done it all, starting as a staff writer for the Entertainment Section, before acting as Copy Chief, and then becoming the paper’s resident sports expert as Sports Editor. He helped to highlight our school’s inspiring student-athletes, letting us become closer to them in the process.

To Alex, Andrew, Kyle, and T.J.: The Hartford Informer’s staff, writers, and readers will always appreciate you for the impact you made in making our paper for what it is and further showing us the value of community. We hope to continue making you proud!