SGA’S Petition

SGA’S Petition

Kasey Zollo, News Editor

This weekend, the Student Government Association created a petition, with the end result of GSU staying open longer than just 3 PM.

GSU’s café is only open from 11-3 pm, and most classes do not end till about 3:30 or 4:50. Meaning, students do not have any food options open to them on campus, besides commons or Starbucks at that particular time period. This effects a lot of commuter students, who may have a class in-between GSU’s closing who do not have swipes for commons, and who live just a little too far to drive back home to eat before class. This also effects residential students, who may not have enough time to go back to their dorms to eat before their next class. This can result in students being late to class, which can affect their grades.

The hopeful goal of this petition is to change GSU’s lunch hour from 11-3pm, to possibly being open from 11:00 am, to a significantly better and later time. There has not been a definite time picked for the new closing, but if the petition gets more than 1,000 signatures, the conversation will be pushed to be heard from SGA.

The petition can be found in the bio of the SGA Instagram, as well as most members on the SGA. The Instagram is @uhartfordsga