DIVERSITY SEMINAR IN THE CARDS FOR THIS WEEK!

Daniel Roy, News Editor

The University of Hartford is welcoming its yearly community read for students and staff interested in becoming involved in open conversations on race, equality, and diversity.

“Begin Again: James Baldwin’s America and its Urgent Lessons for Our Own,” will be presented as this Fall’s read along–it will be followed with a seminar on often unspoken topics such as racism and need for further equity amongst everyone in our society.

This event will be taking place online November 1st, from 12:45 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. and be hosted by Dr. Bilal Dabir Sekou, a Professor researching Political science in Hillyer college, with a large portfolio in leading conversations on diversity according to a UNOTES Ad:

“Sekou is a published scholar, with articles on social and political participation by African Americans and public attitudes toward quality and integrated education in Connecticut. As an engaged community leader, Sekou currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Connecticut Mirror…and he is the Chair of the Board of Directors of Common Cause inConnecticut and a member of the National Governing Board for Common Cause.”

This seminar will be hosted via zoom, and the link to sign up for this event is as follows: Registration Link for further inquiry on this event, please reach out to Jaime Green, [email protected]

We hope to see you there!