A Conversation on Antisemitism

Getty Images

NEW YORK, NY – JANUARY 05: People participate in a Jewish solidarity march on January 5, 2020 in New York City. The march was held in response to a recent rise in anti-Semitic crimes in the greater New York metropolitan area. (Photo by Jeenah Moon/Getty Images)

Daniel Roy, News Editor

Monday, February 13th, from 7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M, the University of Hartford’s Maurice Greenberg Chair of Judaic Studies, Amy Weiss, will be collaborating with guest speaker Kirsten Fermaglich, a Professor of Jewish History from Michigan State University, to speak on the History of Antisemitism within the United States and descend into the present.

Kirsten Fermaglich brings forward a lot of credibility within Judaic studies, per a UNotes AD:

“Fermaglich is…the author of American Dreams and Nazi Nightmares: Early Holocaust Consciousness and Liberal America, 1957-1965 (Brandeis University Press, 2006) and the co-editor of the Norton Critical Edition of Betty Friedan, The Feminine Mystique (2013), with Lisa Fine.”

She also celebrated the release of her most recent Novel: “A Rosenberg By Any Other Name: A History of Jewish Name Changing in America,” in 2018.

The department of Judaic studies looks forward to engaging students in concepts such as Antisemitism and its effects on Jewish people within Political and Academic communities.

This event will be hosted via zoom and is open to all Students and Staff at UHART. To register for this event, use the following link:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwocOmpqjsoHdDUHQY2AEqgTkZPOuuIfktC

For further information on this event, please contact Susan Gottlieb of the Greenberg center via her email [email protected].

The University of Hartford looks forward to seeing you there!