Senior Sendoff – Lilly Wonderly

Maddie Gill, Managing Editor

Lilly has had a love of writing ever since she was first able to put together a sentence. To Lilly, it “felt magical” when she was first able to put words together as a child.

As a child, Lilly Wonderly grew up between Colchester, Connecticut (about 40 minutes outside of Hartford) and spent a few years in Naples, Italy when her father was transferred to a different naval base. Once Lilly returned to America, she spent her free time playing an active role in different clubs and sports throughout high school such as community service and rock climbing.

Lilly’s love of literature grew into a possible career path when she found Rupi Kaur’s poetry collection, “Milk and Honey.” Lilly was inspired by Kaur’s poetry and how she was able to make a career out of her passion for writing.

As her high school career was winding down, Lilly found herself committing to the University of Hartford to major in English and Communications. Her passion for writing and literature did not diminish as she transitioned into University life.

In fact, it only grew stronger as she discovered a new outlet for her creativity: The Informer. First working as a staff writer, the later promoted to entertainment editor, Lilly found herself immersed in a world of journalism, writing, and editing. 

Thanks to the connections Lilly made at UHart, multiple offers and interviews have come her way. She plans to work as a copywriter at a public relations firm or advertising agency.  

Lilly’s interests and hobbies are always evolving, and she says that with enough time in the field, her dreams of making a difference as a writer could come true.