C-NAfME Cabare Night

Lillian Wonderly, Entertainment Editor

Hartt Music Education Division is hosting a night of good food and wonderful music. The event is organized by the Collegiate Chapter of the National Association for Music Education (C-NAfME). It will occur on Thursday, April 13 from 5-9 PM in the Harry Jack Gray Center- Conference Rotunda; Admission is $15.

Hartt’s Music Education Division offers students conservatory training with a solid foundation in music education. The program prepares students for a career as elementary and secondary school music educators. In addition to general music, choral music, wind and string instrumental pedagogy, music education majors receive training in such methodologies as Kodály, Suzuki, and Orff.

The Hartt School’s Music Education Division enjoys a vibrant collaboration with several area school programs. For example, at the University of Hartford Magnet School, Hartt Music Education students have the opportunity to teach lower elementary-aged children in classroom settings and work with elementary students learning band and orchestral instruments in the “Hartt Band Project” and the “Hartt String Project.”

Through Hartt’s partnership with the Simsbury Public Schools, Hartt Music Education students teach upper elementary general music classes as well as high school band and choir. These unique collaborations provide exciting “real world” learning opportunities for Hartt students prior to their student teaching.