Learn How to Cook!

Learn How to Cook!

Justin Lockhart, Sports Editor

If living on a college campus for almost four years now has taught me one thing, it’s that nothing beats a nice home cooked meal. I don’t know a single person who would disagree with me on this one, especially after one has just emerged from Hawk’s Nest or Commons. However, there are those who make meals that might as well be from Aramark. This is why learning to cook is so important. One does not want to be eating microwavable dinners’ and breakfasts’ every single day of one’s adult life. That will destroy your health and not to mention your toilet. It also comes in handy when one is trying to impress a significant other, nothing gets a person closer to another’s heart quite like cooking him or her a delicious meal. Not to mention, cooking for yourself as opposed to going out and buying yourself take-out every night is so much more financially feasible. There is no way to support paying a minimum of 15 dollars a meal a day. I personally love to cook when I get the opportunity to use a clean kitchen and have the proper preparation tools, which hardly ever happens on campus but always does when I am home. There is also something tranquil about preparing a meal, especially when there is another person that will be sharing in the meal. So, to everyone who only knows how to make cereal and Ramen Noodles, step up your game and get a cookbook or watch a few instructional videos. You’ll thank me later.