Men’s lacrosse drops the ball against St. Johns

Justin Schmidt, Staff Writer

It was a good attempt for the University of Hartford’s men’s lacrosse team last Saturday, but they came up short losing 18-10 to St. Johns. It was a career showing for Senior Dylan Jinks tying a program record eight goals. St. John’s came out firing going up to 7-0 to start the game all within the first 10 minutes of regulation.

The Hawks began to answer scoring six unanswered points of their own. The first five of these goals coming from Senior Dylan Jinks. By half the score was 9-6 heading into the locker room. St. Johns after the break continued to be relentless with their scoring adding four goals to start the second half. Hartford being down 13-6 with 7:15 left started to show some life closing it down to 13-8.

The Red Storm didn’t leave this unanswered as they scored five of the games last seven goals to complete the victory over the Hawks. St. John’s is now 6-0 all time against Hartford. The Red Storm also held advantages in faceoffs winning 19 of 30 while also controlling the ground game, 34-32. Sophomore Christian Paley had four assists for a career high four points and Ty Thompson finished with two points in his debut for the Hawks. Junior Ryan Lovell had a career high seven ground balls, and Nolan Little won his career best 10 faceoffs.

The Hawks take on Canisius this weekend in Victor, N.Y.