Men’s lacrosse falls to Sacred Heart

Justin Schmidt, Staff Writer

Men’s Lacrosse drops down to 0-6 to start the season as Sacred Heart go on a 9-2 run to end the game. Saturday’s loss was a disappointing finish to a strong start for the Hawks. The Hawks started the first quarter 3-3 and then blazing to a 9-5 lead with 2:06 to go left in the half off of scoring six of the games next seven goals.

The Pioneers would score two goals 15 seconds apart right before half to cut the deficit down making it 9-7 Hawks ahead going into halftime. Coming into the third senior Dylan Jinks would score the half’s first goal helping the Hawks have now a three-point lead. The Pioneers would quickly answer five unanswered goals taking the lead from the Hawks.

It now being 12-10 heading into the final quarter, Jinks answered the call with his fourth goal of the day pulling the Hawks within one, but Sacred Heart would go on to score four of the games last five goals to seal the victory and push themselves to 4-3 on the season. The Hawks had the lead in faceoffs going 20 of 31 from a 13 of 19 outing from senior Nolan Little. Along with this Sacred Heart outshot Hartford, 51-31 and held the groundball advantage 37-29. Ty Thompson had a multi-goal game scoring two of his own and added a pair of assists to have four total. Sophomore Cam Logan came away with nine stops for the Hawks. Jinks with another impressive outing scoring at least one goal every game this season and his fourth hat trick this year for Hartford.

The Hawks will begin American East games at home against Stony Brook on Saturday, March 16. Faceoff is set for 1 p.m.