Baseball goes 2-1 in their outing against Stony Brook

Justin Schmidt, Staff Writer

Saturday and Sunday was a good day for the Hawks as they continue to win series this time taking two out of three away from the previously 6-0 Seawolves. Game one was a good one for the Hawks, with the score tied in the top of the fourth, Stony Brook took the lead with two runs from an RBI double, and single. Hartford went on to tie the game in the bottom of the fifth with two runs of their own. Senior Ashton Bardzell hit an RBI triple bringing junior Zachary Ardito. Junior Nik Pagan knocked in the other run by grounding out to first base. Sophomore John Thrasher took the lead for the Hawks knocking in a run on a double. The Hawks would go on to hold the Seawolves hitless for the last three innings and secured the win 9-5.

Game two was a different outing for the Hawks as Stony Brook took a commanding six run lead and holding the Hawks scoreless through five. Brian Herrmann the starting pitcher for Stony Brook held the Hawks to one hit through five innings. All of the Hawks five runs would come in the sixth now only trailing 6-5. The Seawolves would add one insurance run and continued to hold the Hawks to a scoreless last inning giving them the 7-5 win.

Game three was quite the comeback for the Hawks as they entered the seventh down 5-0. Hartford began to rally with junior Zachary Ardito doubling down the left field line scoring sophomore John Thrasher. Senior Ashton Bardzell hit a double of his own scoring two making the score 5-3. Nik Pagan and Jackson Olson hit RBI singles of their own to tie the game in the seventh. The eighth inning didn’t change as the Hawks took lead for the first time. A sac fly by Sullivan was deep enough to score Cohoon giving the hawks 6-5 lead. Freshman Will Nowak closed the game out for the Hawks 6-5 win.