Women’s lacrosse defeated by Albany

Megan Miller, News Editor

On Saturday, April 20, the Hawks took on the Albany Great Danes in a rainy matchup on Al Marzook field. Since the 2018 season, both programs have made great strides to develop their programs. The Great Danes took this control of this contest during the first half, going into halftime with a 16-2 lead. First-half goals for the Hawks came from sophomore Kaitlyn D’Andrea at 24:03 and senior Billy McLaughlin, off a cross-crease feed from sophomore Megan Miller at 22:14.

Much like other games during the season, the Hawks did not let the score define their play for the remainder of the game. Also, Albany’s Head Coach Katie Rowan did not pull many of her starters for the entire game to keep things competitive. Coming in hot after the half, the Hawks scored three of the first four goals. First, McLaughlin tapped in another goal from Miller, almost identical to their first-half goal together. Following that, D’Andrea put up her second goal of the day before fellow sophomore Lauren Wehner put her name on the board for her first time since Stony Brook.

For Albany, Madison Conway, Bridget Simmons and Hailey Carroll lead their team’s offense with four points apiece. On the season for Hartford, rookie Emma Privitera averages 15.96 saves per game with 146 total saves on the season. D’Andrea carries the draw control category with 48 and McLaughlin leads behind her with 28. Offensively, Miller leads in every offensive category totaling 28 points and McLaughlin is behind her with 18 points.

With one game left, the Hawks return to Al-Marzook Field to host UMass Lowell for Senior Day on Saturday, April 27 at 3 p.m. to honor their one senior, Billy McLaughlin, for her final game on Al-Marzook.