Women’s volleyball goes for gold

Chaz Young, Sports Editor

UHART women’s volleyball steadily goes up in the winning column. The team won both of their matches at last week’s Hartford Hawks Invitational last week Saturday, scoring 3-1 wins against both St. Francis Brooklyn, and rival neighbor CCSU at the Hartford Volleyball Gym. The tournament saw a lot of excellence, speed, and hits on the floor.

Junior student Abby Nash combined 40 kills, even including a high-career 22 against CCSU, as the Hawks improved on their 7-7 season for the 2019-2020 year. In addition to their incredible performance on the field of soccer, the team has also done well off the field, being recognized for their hard work and determination as one of the many dominating teams in the college world. The second time during the 2019-2020 season, the women’s team nearly clean house at the America East’s weekly awards ceremony, taking home three of the four awards at the ceremony. Player Jenna Bridges, a senior, was named the America East Player of the week, while junior student Megan Anderson was deemed the Setter of the Week and freshman Maddie Lindsay took home Rookie of the Week.

The team is currently getting ready for their next game as the Fall season gets underway with more and more games coming along as time goes on. The team is about growing every week, after every win or lose, and learning about the value of teamwork is what makes this team so victorious, in more than just one way. They all have light up the way in the sport of soccer, like a candle in the night.

The Hawks begin their America East Play at home this coming Friday, when they host the defending league winners, Stony Brook at 7:00 pm. The Hawks keep rebounding in their season, followed by their first game of the new month of October, which is against Binghamton.

We wish the team good luck in their quest to keep their winning streak going, as they reach all sorts of highs in the season, by making the impossible possible by redefining the impossible.

PHOTO CREDIT: Hartford Sports Information