Women’s volleyball loses to UAlbany

Chaz Young, Sports Editor

The women’s volleyball team lost their first match in the weeks since the 2019-2020 season started almost two months ago. “The Hawks” were defeated and suffered their first defeat in the America East play last Sunday, as the team went up-against New York state rivals, UAlbany.

In a final score of 3-0, the team couldn’t get past the great plays and defensive moves from the women of UAlbany. However, Junior player and award winning soccer start Abby Nash, delivered an outstanding performance on the field. Nash, a match-high of 13 kills for UHART, unfortunately her season best of six game wins was cut in the setback of being defended by UAlbany. In addition to Nash’s on field performance, players Maddie Lindsey, Jenna Bridges, and Valerie Diede also contribute with their best efforts in trying to score a point for UHART. Bridges had 9 kills followed by 3 blocks, Lindsey had 6 kills followed by 2 aces and 2 blocks, while Diede has just only 2 kills with 0 blocks and aces. Even though the team’s performance didn’t result in a win or point on the leaderboard, the determination and commitment to the game was showcased by the team in an attempt to keep their winning streak alive.

“The Hawks” who are 11-8 in the season, take a little step back as they go down to 3-1 in the America East standings. UAlbany who are a 9-8 on the season remained undefeated as their streak was kept alive and remain undefeated in conference plays, standing at a 4-0. The women’s soccer team from UHART will continue their season in-hopes of a win, when they travel to continue their America East action trip to New Hampshire, in-which there be playing against on Friday with kick-off set for 7:00 pm.

In addition to that, the team will also be celebrating the events of Hawktober weekend at UHART, as they will be taking part in various activities across campus celebrating the culture and athletics of the University of Hartford.

PHOTO CREDIT: HARTFORD SPORTS ATHLETICS