Sierra Stone and Anna Cronin earned each a Second-Team All Atlantic Region

Chaz Young, Sports Editor

The University of Hartford women’s soccer team has announced a pairing of United Soccer Coaches All-Region Team honorees, senior player Sierra Stone and junior player Anna Cronin earned each a Second Team All-Atlantic Region distinction from the organization on Monday.

Stone who has been recognized for her outstanding performance this season, is a native from Hebron, Connecticut. Stone a midfielder, has received multiple recognition from multiple coaches and organizations, such as received All-Region recognition from the US Coaches for the second time in her career as a Hartford Hawk. She was also previously named to the All-East Region Second Team as a sophomore, all the back in 2017. The senior player is currently coming-off a career-high 20 points, that included five goals, three game winning tallies and an America East best 10 assists.

Cronin is also a native from Connecticut, coming from the town of Glastonbury. She has earned her first All-Region Team Honors in her career as a Hartford Hawk, she joined Stone in the America East All-Conference First Team last season. In Cronin’s career, she displayed five shutouts and finished second in the rankings regarding her position in the league with a 0.95 goals-against average.

Both Stone and Cronin helped lead the Hawks to the title of the America East Championship this season, with Hartford defeating UMass Lowell and UAlbany before falling to New York team Stony Brook. The Hartford Hawks conclude their 2019 run with a 10-7-2 record overall, the eighth time being since 2011 that the program reached double figures in victories. Sierra Stone is an Accounting major with the Barney School of Business, standing a 5’3. While Anna Cronin is a Health Science major with the College of Arts and Sciences within the University of Hartford campus.

Training for the 2020 season will be kicking off in a couple of months. With warming weather returning in the spring, the team will be more than ever before ready to start training harder in hopes of making it further in their already impressive ranking within the UHart community of athletics.

IMAGE COURTESY OF HARTFORD SPORTS INFO.COM