UHART Track and Field continues to win big

Image Courtesy: Hartford Sports Information

Chaz Young, Sports Editor

The track and field team at the Uhart has been winning big at it’s latest competitions, as they opened 2020 with a tremendous start for the season. The team walk away winning eight events at the Towson Tiger Invitational. Uhart completed the meet with 26 top-three finishers, aside from the eight individuals that took home first place in their respective individual events as they went up against fierce opposition at the Invitational. First-up the men. The men’s team ended the competition with 16 top-three performances, as they took home wins in five separate events. Sophomore runner Kaylan Depas came in third place in the men’s 200m event, completing his best time of the season ending with a 22.56. Also standouts were junior player Nicholas O’ Brien, freshman runner Christian Deal, and seniors Connor Kenny and Marcus Murray are just a few athletes who performances rose The Hawks up in rankings and to walk away with several wins. On the other side of the spectrum, the women were just as powerful as they came to win. As the women’s team ended the competition with ten top-three finishers, that included three first-place awards for The Hawks. Sophomore runner Haleemot Adeyanju has not only made a name for herself on the track, but continues to deliver unstoppable performances. Adeyanju finisheed in first place in the 500m, after completing the event with a time of 1:17.68, while freshman Abby Meyers took home third place in the same event, finishing with a time of 1:18.37. Also standouts were freshmans Alysia Joseph, Porsha Mohammed, Hannah D’Orso, and Gabrielle Zeller. The Hawks return back in action on Friday, from January 24 – Saturday, January 25th. As they travel to Boston, Massachuestts, in-which the team competed in the John Thomas Terrier Classic. The weekend event took place at the Track and Tennis Center on the campus of Boston University, as the Hawks didn’t disappoint.