Get ready for “Hawk Time”

Image Courtesy to hartford.edu

Image Courtesy to hartford.edu

Asia Arce, Editor In Chief

Assistant Professor of Communication Susan Cardillo, and her class, are in the works of creating a UHart entertainment show for this semester. “Hawk Time”, as it is known, is a student run production that will feature different segments in every episode. The segments, which are scripted and filmed by the students in the class will vary in content. For example, some segments may feature fellow student athletes, while others will introduce unknown student artists to the rest of the UHart community. Professor Cardillo wants to keep both the students in the class, and those watching at home, interested in what was being produced. “I did not want to do a regular news format show, which is usually done in the studio”. Cardillo is referring to the student run news program, STN, which already produces their episodes in the same tv studio on campus. “I believe that having a show about the students, faculty and staff at UHart will keep students interested in the subject matter. They will either know or want to know each other of the people that we spotlight each week. I also think that micro-documentary resonates with students because it is a video that is under 3 minutes, similar to what they would watch on YouTube, their phones and social media. Any longer than 3 minutes and we might not get someone to stop and watch”. “Hawk Time” is currently still being produced. Though the release dates of these episodes are still unknown, Professor Cardillo explained that students will be able to watch them on YouTube and on the Digital Media & Journalism website (bit.ly/uhartdmj).