Fun things to do in Connecticut

Image Courtesy of CTVisit.com

Image Courtesy of CTVisit.com

Debbie Phillips, Entertainment Editor

Let’s be honest, being inside for the last several months has gotten to all of us at some point or another. Now that classes are mostly online were finding ourselves stuck inside again. Summer isn’t completely over yet!  Check out these activities Connecticut has to offer before summer officially ends!

West Hartford Reservoir #6

Located just 13 minutes from campus, the West Hartford Reservoir is a great place to picnic, walk or run! There are a few different paved and unpaved trails runners and walkers can choose from ranging from 2 to 4 miles.  The Reservoir is also the perfect place to view the fall foliage.

Talcott Mountain State Park

Also, very close to campus is Talcott Mountain State Park at only 11 minutes away. Here you can hike and picnic! The hike is easy and at the top there are picturesque views of the Connecticut landscape! While you’re at the top also check out Heublein tower and check out the views from the top of the historic landmark!

Penwood State Park Trail

Another great hiking location to check out that’s also only 11 minutes away is Penwood State Park! This state park is open for all four seasons and is nearly 800 acres large! It is another great location to head to the check out the color changes of the fall season, check out some wildflowers when the snow recedes in the spring and try to see some wildlife!

Elizabeth Park

So maybe hiking isn’t your thing, located merely 9 minutes from campus is Elizabeth Park! The park acres of beautiful gardens, rose bushes, and even a café!  Here the possibilities are endless, you can run, walk, play tennis, picnic or do whatever your heart desires! Elizabeth park also hosts events like yoga in the park, different flower exhibitions and much more!

Riverside Park

Located 20 minutes away is Riverside Park located on the Connecticut River! Here there are paved and wooded trails, picnicking areas, volleyball courts, fishing, and sports fields to hangout and play a game of pass if you bring a ball!

Hammonasset State Park

If you want more of a day trip Hammonasset State Park in Madison, CT is just over an hour from campus but is definitely worth the drive! You can relax at the beach, take a stroll on the boardwalk through the park, and swim!