Upcoming Events on Campus

Image Courtesy of Hartford.edu

Olivia Gianakos, Staff Writer

Together We Rise: A Panel Discussion of Black Women Entrepreneurs

This event will be held Wednesday, September 16th, from 10:00-11:30 pm. Women entrepreneurs of color will share about important topics, like their struggles that they have had to endure, and how they stayed motivated and reached success. This panel gives an interesting and diverse perspective on being an entrepreneur as a woman of color.

Campus Tours

Campus tours are a great way to get to know your way around campus and get familiar with the different buildings. During these tours you will have the ability to see dining areas, residential halls, and academic buildings. Often times we learn a lot about the history of the school and interesting facts that we were not aware of beforehand! These tours will be one-hour walking tours and have been altered to ensure they adhere with safety protocols. These tours will have limited attendance, require masks at all time, and will be mostly outdoors.

Game Night With CSA

The Commuter Student Association will be holding a virtual game night on Wednesday from 5:00-6:00 pm. They will be playing games such as Kahoot, Pictionary, Jackbox games, and much more. This is a great way to meet new people or connect with friends in a safe, virtual manner.

Club Fairs

SGA will be holding the annual Club Fair from 10:00am – 2:00pm, Monday-Friday on the Harry Jack Gray Lawn and the Alumni Plaza. Through this event you will be able to see all the different and very diverse clubs on campus. Joining a club is a great way to meet new people, get involved in something you are interested in, and be involved in the UHart community.

Story Telling Basics for Business

This online event will be held Thursday, from 11:00am – 12:30 pm. During this event you will learn to story-tell in a compelling manner, that will help you in the business setting. Learning how to story tell can is an important skill in business and can be the deciding factor for a customer or potential employer. Before attending this event, they ask that you bring two examples of times when you were successful with clients, if possible.

Glow in the Dark Mini Golf

Glow in the Dark Mini Golf will be held this Saturday, 7:00-11:00pm in the Konover Great Room. This is a great way to have some fun with friends without having to leave campus! Who doesn’t love mini golf?

2,020 Miles For 2020

On Sunday, UHart Alumni and students are aiming to collectively walk 2,020 miles. This will be a virtual challenge that you can complete anytime Sunday.