Meet the Informer: Kyle Billand

Meet the Informer: Kyle Billand

Kyle Billand, Business Manager

My name is Kyle Billand, and I am currently a senior Mechanical Engineering major. I am the Business Manager of the newspaper this year.  The role of the Business Manager is to control the budget and to get ads for the newspaper.  Ads are where most of the money comes from in the newspaper business.  Last year, I was the Distribution Manager of the paper.  The role I had last year was to deliver the papers and track pickup rates at each location.  

I joined The Informer to expand my background as a student.  The engineering course load is more focused on problem-solving rather than communication and budgeting.  Because of this, I was excited by the opportunity to work on both in one club.

Outside of my roles for the Informer, I enjoy playing sports and playing video games.  I am on the Rugby Team on campus, and although the previous two seasons have been canceled, we still have meetings and do online things to keep the team together.  I try to stay as active as possible in these challenging times by going for runs or working out to pass the time and stay in shape with the rugby season canceled. 

After I graduate, I hope to find a job in the Construction Management field.  I have previously had internships in the construction field, where I gained valuable information for my career.  The most important thing I discovered was that I was interested in the construction field.  Finding this out was essential to me deciding what I wanted to do after school.

I look forward to graduating and moving on to the next phase of my life.