Female Athlete of the Week: Jessica Harrison

Image Courtesy of Hartford Hawks.com

Image Courtesy of Hartford Hawks.com

T.J. Hummel, Sports Editor

For this week, our Female Athlete of the Week is awarded to Jessica Harrison of Women’s Lacrosse/ Despite the loss on Saturday, Junior Jessica Harrison netted her first career collegiate hat trick. On the year, Harrison has six goals and one assist for seven points, adding 13 shots on goal.

In her freshman year, Harrison appeared in all 17 games in the 2019 season. Earning six starts, she potted nine goals, which earned her fifth-most on the team. She added 11 draw controls, six ground balls, and two caused turnovers.

The Fort Collins, Colorado native had an impressive four-year tenure at Poudre High School as a member of their lacrosse team. She potted a career 69 goals and 31 assists. Harrison is also a three-time All-Conference selection, a Northern Colorado Lacrosse Player of the Year (2016), and selected to the Brine All-American Team (2015).

To add to already an impressive resume, Harrison has also been named to the America East Commissioner’s Honor Roll, which is having a 3.5+ GPA, in both her freshman and sophomore year. Being a student-athlete, this achievement is hard to get, but Harrison earned it by being the epitome of what the student aspect stands for in student-athlete.