Hartt Happenings

Lillian Wonderly, Entertainment Editor

Music, dance, and theater majors at the University of Hartford are turning their talent into recognized success. The Hartt School offers more than 400 performances each year, available for free as a student. Another option is to watch the Livestream of Hartt performances virtually, accessible to anyone on the University’s website. Students can support their peers and indulge in the arts with a wide variety of Hartt performances. 

To kick off November, theater students put on a gripping and emotional performance called Reckless, a play by Craig Lucas Directed by Felicity Jones in McCray Theater. Dance majors made their big debut last weekend, November 11-13, in Millard/Fuller Auditorium. Dancers executed beautifully choreographed performances and were trained in classical ballet, modern dance, and contemporary techniques. My favorite performance was a group ballet dance that was impressively synchronized. It is no surprise Hartt Dance has been included in DanceUS.org’s list of best college dance programs in the USA for 2020-2021.

If you missed any of these performances, don’t worry! There is an array of upcoming Hartt performances available each week. This Thursday, November 18th, at 7:30 pm, there will be a Hammerklavier Piano Recital in Berkman Recital Hall. The recital is described as a varied program of solo piano music presented by Hartt piano students. After Thanksgiving break on November 29th at 7 pm, a Chamber Music Showcase is also in Berkman Recital Hall. All of these performances are live-streamed and available to watch on the University of Hartford’s website:

https://www.hartford.edu/academics/schools-colleges/hartt/performances