Severini Named to US Coaches All-Atlantic Region Second Team

via hartfordhawks.com

via hartfordhawks.com

Thomas Hummel, Sports Editor

Sophomore Kelly Severini from the Hartford women’s soccer team was named to the United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division I All-Atlantic Region Second Team, the organization announced. Severini is one of eight players from the America East to take home US Coaches All-Region honors. Severini is joined by Vermont, who had four honorees (Alex West, Ella Bankert, Alyssa Ovideo, Cricket Basa), UMass Lowell landed a pair of selections (Ioanna Papatheodorou, Dunja Mostarac) and Binghamton had one player receive the distinction (Nicole Scudero).
A first-year player from Union, N.J., Severini had a sensational debut campaign with the Hawks. Starting all 16 games, the defender finished second on the team in both goals (4) and assists (3). Logging 1,445 minutes, Severini also anchored a defense that led the America East in goals-against average (0.65) and was tied for third in shutouts (7) this season.
Last month, Severini collected a pair of postseason honors from the America East, earning spots on the All-Conference First Team and the All-Rookie Team. She was also named the league’s Offensive Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week on Oct. 18 after scoring the game-winning goal against Stony Brook.
Severini becomes the seventh different player in program history to receive All-Region distinction. Under Natale, who concluded his 18th year at the helm in 2021, the Hawks have combined for nine All-Region honorees.