Men’s Baseball Looks to Bounce Back

Picture Credits: hartfordhawks.com

Michael Enyaah, Staff Writer

The Hartford Men’s Baseball team is set to take on Western Kentucky in a weekend series. The Hawks look to bounce back after a disappointing start to the 2022 season. In their last series against ACC powerhouse Clemson, the Hawks gave up a total of 47 runs. Senior outfielder Donnie Cohoon was impressive that weekend, batting .571 with four hits, one double and one run scored.
This weekend, their opponents, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, are coming off two consecutive victories against the University of Kentucky and Central Michigan. The C-USA participant had several players contribute to the routing of Kentucky. Four players produced multi-hit efforts, with Justin Carlin and Tristin Garcia leading the way. Mason Vinyard continues to impact the bullpen with his outstanding 1.17 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 7.2 innings of relief.
The Hawks return 15 student-athletes from last season’s team. Among those returners is a Junior, Tremayne Cobb Jr. The Maryland native was ranked second on the team last season, posting a .308 batting average, along with three home runs and 20 RBI.
The first pitch is set for 4 pm on Friday. This will be the first-ever meeting between both schools. Hartford is currently 0-6 against opponents from the C-USA. Their next game will come against in-state foes UConn on Tuesday at Storrs. The first pitch between the Hawks and the Huskies is set for 3:05 pm.