Hawks’ Quiet Binghamton in Series Finale

Picture Credits: Hartfordhawks.com

Scott Morris, Staff Writer

On Sunday afternoon, the Hawk’s Baseball team faced the Binghamton Bearcats in the final game of a three-game series. In the first two games of the series, the Hawks were held out of the winning column as they lost game one 9-8 in extra innings, followed by a 9-2 loss on Saturday. The narrative was flipped on Sunday, as sophomore pitcher Ryan Dee pitched a gem of a game, to give the Hawks a massive in-conference victory. Dee, who has been on fire recently, proved he could pitch into the late innings of games as he lasted 6-innings. On Sunday, Dee’s six innings pitched, and five strikeouts were enough to give the Hawks a win.

The Hawks started the sixth inning strong as Daniel Burnett was hit by a pitch, followed by Kevin Koziol and Jake Santiago hitting back-to-back singles. Hartford would not be silenced as Joseph Woronick hit into a fielder’s choice scoring Burnett. The top half of the eighth inning is where the Hawk’s bats came alive. Tremyane Cobb Jr. hit a single, then using his speed around the bases, stole second. Kevin Koziol hit his second single of the afternoon, followed by a Jake Santiago walk. The game-winning run was scored as Daniel Burnett hit a deep fly ball down the right foul line, ultimately scoring Cobb Jr. on a sacrifice fly.

Next up for the Hawks are the Quinnipiac Bobcats in Hamden, Connecticut. Before going to their second home, when they face the Army Black Knights at Dunkin’ Donuts Park on Wednesday.