Men’s Golf on Fire at Yale Invitational

Picture credits: hartfordhawks.com

Matthew Tomer, Sports Editor

This past weekend, the Hartford men’s golf team hit the links for the Yale Invitational at The Yale Golf Course in New Haven, Connecticut. They finished seventh out of 15 schools that competed, tallying a total score of a 26-over 586 during the two-round tournament. Yale took the team title as the host, finishing with a combined score of 574. Tafaszwa Nyamukondiwa of Drexel went home with the individual title.
Senior Danny Frodigh led the way for the Hawks, carding a one-over 141 across two rounds, leading him to a fourth-place finish. This was Frodigh’s best finish so far this season and was the second consecutive tournament that a Hawk has placed inside the top five. Conor Byrne finished in third place at the LIU Shark Invitational last weekend. Finishing second for Hartford was senior Jared Winiarz, who scored an eight-over 148 to tie for 28th. One-shot back of Winiarz was graduate student Ryan Tomaso. Sophomore Conor Byrne shot a 10-over 150 to tie for 36th. To finish up for the Hawks was Junior Manuel Romero, who finished with a 12-over 152 to tie for 47th.
The Hartford men’s golf team will hit the course again Monday, April 25, for the Big Sky Championships at talking Stick resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.