Freshman Leads Women’s Golf to Top Five Finish in the Most Magical Place on Earth

Picture credit: hartfordhawks.com.

Matthew Tomer, Sports Editor

Madeline Adam, a first-year student at the University of Hartford, finished in fifth place to lead the women’s golf team to a fifth-place finish at the MAAC Championships. The MAAC Championships took place at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The Hawks posted a total score of 942 to tally a 78 over par across three days in their fifth-place finish. Quinnipiac University went home with the gold posting a final score of 901, 37 over par.

Adam led the way for the Hawks, finishing with a final score of a nine-over 225. Finishing in a tie for fifth place, the first-year student shot the best round for the Hawks with a two-over 74 in the second round. Quinnipiac’s Leeyen Peralta took home the individual’s crown, shooting a total score of 218 over the three days. Sophomore Sofia Rodas also finished in the top 25. She finished with a final score of 20-over 236 to tie for 16th. Rounding out the top three for Hartford was junior Lara Yeung. Yeung finished with a 244, 28 over par.

The University of Hartford’s women’s golf team finished the 2022 spring season with a bang. With first-year students and sophomores performing so well this season, there truly is a bright future for the golf team.