Men’s Golf Set to play for Big Sky Championship Title

Picture credit: hartfordhawks.com

Scott Morris, Staff Writer

On Monday, the UHart Men’s Golf Team will tee off in Scottsdale, Arizona, at the Talking Stick Resort for the 2022 Big Sky Championships. This tournament will be three rounds starting on Monday and concluding on Wednesday afternoon. The course is a par 70 and will be playing around 7,089 yards for the Conference Title. Hartford will be joined by Binghamton, Idaho, Northern Colorado, Sacramento State, Southern Utah, and Weber State as the teams battle it out to see who will be taking home the Big Sky Men’s Golf Title in 2022.

As the Hawks enter this conference championship, they are fresh off a fourth-place finish at the Yale Invitational last Sunday. Senior Danny Frodigh was the man for Hartford as he tied for fourth overall and shot the best round of the day, an even-par 70. This was the best finish of the year for Frodigh and the second straight tournament that a Hawk placed inside the top five. Sophomore Conor Byrne has also helped the team out this season as he has posted a stroke average of 73.85 and has posted one top-five finish along with one-top ten finish. His season-best was finishing third overall, at the Long Island University Invitational held at Brookville Country Club in Glen Head, New York.

If the Hawks’ can combine for a team win, this will automatically secure them a spot in the NCAA Tournament set to place in May. For all the action and up-to-date stats on the men, go to www.hartfordhawks.com.