Women’s Golf Hit the Links at Yale Women’s Invitational

Hartfordhawks.com

Hartfordhawks.com

Matthew Tomer, Sports Editor

This past weekend, the Hartford Hawks women’s golf team headed down to New Haven, Connecticut to compete in the Yale Women’s Invitational. The Hawks were one of 15 teams competing.

In a field of 81 players, sophomore Madeline Adam tied for 24th to lead all Hartford women’s golfers competing in the tournament. Adam combined for an eight-over 221 throughout the
three rounds played. In a stellar final round, she shot a two-over 73. Fellow sophomore Leslie Li was next up on the leaderboard for the Hawks finishing with a final score of a 28-over 241. Following closely behind Li was senior Lara Yeung. Yeung topping off the top three for the Hawks,  Hartford finished in 77th carding a final score of a 29-over 242. Competing as an individual, the sophomore finished in a tie for 74th, shooting a final score of a 27-over 240.

Overall, Hartford finished in last place in the field of 15. Taking home the team title was Harvard tallying a total of 848 combined strokes. Maryland was just four strokes behind. Speaking of Maryland, Terrapins own Patricie Mackova took home the individual title shoot an eight-under 205 across the three rounds.

The Hawks return to the links on Saturday, September 26, in Canton, Massachusetts for the Boston College Intercollegiate. The event is set for two days and will take place at the Blue Hill Country Club.