Hartt to Broadway—Broadway to Hartt

Hartt to Broadway—Broadway to Hartt

Lillian Wonderly, Entertainment Editor

The Hartt School is presenting a free Musical Theater Master Class entitled, “Hartt to Broadway—Broadway to Hartt.” Ta’Nika Gibson and Brooke Ishibash are 2022 cast members of “Into the Woods” on Broadway and are offering the program Monday, October 24 from 4- 6:30 pm at Roberts Theater of the Handel Performing Arts Center at Hartt. The class is free and open to students, faculty, and friends of The Hartt School and the Hartt Community Division. Participants do not need to pre-register, but seating is limited. The event will also be live-streamed on: https://25livepub.collegenet.com/calendars/hartt-performancecalendar?media=print.

Gibson received her early training at the Hartt Community Division, while Ishibashi’s sister is a graduate of Hartt. In the upcoming class, they’ll discuss their experiences in starting their careers, conduct a Q&A, perform, and work with students in a master class setting.

Gibson currently performs as Lucinda in “Into the Woods,” and has also performed on Broadway in “Ain’t Too Proud.” Regional credits include “Oklahoma,” “Dreamgirls,” “The Wiz,” and “Aida.” She’s also recently recurring as Debbie Allen in HBO’s “Winning Time,” and appeared in “Bull” on CBS, as well as “Iron Fist” on Netflix.

Ishibashi currently performs as Florinda in “Into the Woods” for her Broadway debut. She previously originated and developed “Cambodian Rock Band” (South Coast Repertory, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, La Jolla Playhouse), and is a former Actors’ Equity Association national councilor, Fair Wage Onstage core member, NYCLU ambassador, and Be An #ArtsHero/Arts Workers United cofounder.