Hawks Bounce Back

Michael Enyaah, Staff Writer

Hartford Hawks’ Men’s Basketball bounced back on Thursday following a loss to Sacred Heart two nights before. The Hawks welcomed the Northern Vermont University – Lydon Hornets, members of the North Atlantic Conference.

The Hawks were impressive from the opening whistle. After the game’s first tie, Hartford would not look back. They would go on a 36 to 10 run to close out the first half led once again by junior Briggs McClain. The second half was no different. The Hornets struggled to slow down the Hawks as they would go on to lose by 42 points, with the final score, 85 – 43.

Briggs McClain put up a stellar performance again. The Junior finished with 21 points and 5 rebounds – his second consecutive 20-plus point performance. Freshman Braxton Jones finished with 14 points in 18 minutes off the bench. Among these stellar performances, five players scored their first career points.

The 85 points that Hartford scored, were the most points the team has scored since losing to UMBC earlier this year 92-85. It is also the most points the team has scored in a winning effort since the 202 America East playoffs when Hartford won 89-75 against UMass Lowell.

The win would give Assistant Coach Tom Devitt his first win as interim coach of Men’s Basketball.