Track Posts Three School Records

Justin Landgrebe, Staff Writer

The University of Hartford’s track and field team put on a show at the Brown Invitational meet over the weekend, putting up three new school records. Sophomore Joseph Lothamer broke his own school record in the pole vault, clearing 4.60m. Sophomore Kaden Leonard set the record in the 300m dash, clocking in at 35.50 seconds. Sophomore Markine Voker got the school record for the women’s 300m dash, finishing in 41.54 seconds. She also raced to a career-best of 7.89 seconds in the 60m.

Other men’s highlights included Kyle Moser and Anthony Clavette each taking third place in their respective events. Moser threw 15.09m in the shotput while Clavette was able to clear 1.97 in the high jump. Matthew Konopinski and Cole Cayer finished second and third place in the 3K race, recording times of just over nine minutes a piece.

Other women’s highlights included Haleemot Adeyanju raced to a second-place finish in the 500m dash, clocking in at a minute and eighteen seconds. Hailey Marcello finished the 1000m in two minutes and fifty-eight seconds, racing to the third fastest time in school history. Sydney Garrison and Abby O’Connor each finished as runner-ups in their respective events. Garrison cleared a season-best 1.66m in the high jump, while O’Connor finished her mile in a little over five minutes.

Hartford track and field will wrap up its indoor season on Sunday, February 26th at the Last Chance Meet at Boston University.