Athletes of the Week

Week of September 5-September 11

Justin Lockhart, Sports Editor

Female Athlete of the Week: Megan Anderson

This week’s female athlete of the week goes to sophomore Megan Anderson of the University of Hartford’s women’s volleyball team. On September 11, Anderson was named the America East Setter of the Week. This was because of her 11.64 average assists per set paired with her 1.09 average blocks per set. Also, at the Hartford Hawks Invitational she earned MVP honors and was named All-Tournament Team. She was apple to pick up 47 assists in the women’s victory against Brown while breaking a career record with seven blocks. She currently leads the league in assists per set with an average of 10.25. There is no doubt that the sophomore will continue her excellent game play throughout the rest of the season.

Male Athlete of the Week:

This week’s Male Athlete of the Week goes to freshman Sergi Martinez on the University of Hartford’s men’s soccer team. This comes after Martinez was named the America East Rookie of the Week. Martinez also had a great impact on the games this past week, helping the Hawks with the three goals scored over the past two games. He also scored the first goal against Rutgers paired with an assist later in the game that ties the game 2-2. Martinez is surely making an impression on the University’s men’s soccer team while only being a freshman. Hopefully he can keep up the pace throughout the games the rest of the season.