University of Hartford’s Track and Field team competes at the Gotham Cup

Mason Brooks, Staff Writer

The Hartford Hawks Track & Field teams traveled to Staten Island, NY, on Friday, Jan. 18, to compete in the NYC Gotham Cup. The University of Hartford’s men’s team saw success with two top five finishes and numerous personal bests. Senior Nurlan Herburger placed fifth of 36 in the 5 km, thanks to a personal best time of 15:32. Sophomore Nicholas O’Brien placed fifth among 70 competitors in the mile, also achieving his personal best time of 4:25. Other men’s highlights include Junior Sean Garrison, claiming ninth place in the 5k with a time of 15:46, and Freshman Dylan Muradplaced, placing eleventh in the shot put with a personal best mark of 13.88m The University of Hartford’s women’s team also saw two top five finishes. Freshman Haleemot Adeyanju finished fifth out of 33 in the 1 km, with a time of 3:05. The women’s distance medley relay team consisting of Haleemot Adeyanju, Elizabeth Lodge, Jules Wesley and Nicole Demars took second place with a time of 12:52. Additionally, Freshman Jaela Thomas claimed two top-20 finishes. She finished 13 out of 79 in the 60m dash with a time of 8.06, followed by a 17 place finish out of 63 competitors in the 200m with a time of 26.60. Catch more updates on the Hartford Hawks Track & Field teams when they travel to Boston University for the two-day John Thomas Terrier Classic Jan. 25-26. Visit www.hartfordhawks.com for additional information.