Bangkok Bistro Food Review in Bloomfield

Amanda Barreiro, Managing Editor

Added on to the list of personal favorites, Bangkok Bistro in Bloomfield’s Mini Mall is well worth the visit. Traditionally created by the Becker family, the Thai restaurant has over 6 pages on the menu offering a different range of dishes. This includes the location’s appetizers, soups, salads, pho and thai noodle soup, fried rice, noodles, thai curry, delicious entrees, ‘Bangkok Bistro Specials’, duck, seafood specials, desserts, beverages, bubble tea and even a vegetarian menu.

Executive Chef Anong of Bangkok Bistro was born in Thailand with over thirty years of mastering Thai dishes and recipes. Expanding with the help of the family, Anong’s husband, Andrew Becker, their son Jeremy and even his wife, Eve makes the business works wonders. When first coming across the restaurant in the mini plaza, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. Each business looked somewhat similar on the outside perspective, with wide open front windows and same room layouts.

When first stepping into the restaurant, the Becker family was extremely welcoming from the start. I easily felt like I was at home as I was able to sit comfortably in one of the many seating choices at the Bistro. With a freshening feel to the dining room, each table displayed fresh orchid flowers and their wine/drink menu. Bangkok Bistro has seating for over eighty diners, including six booths, ten tables and twelve seats at the bar which is in the front of the restaurant. With friendly faces around, the cozy feeling of the room made our stay enjoyable.

The layout of the restaurant focused on a combination of modern architecture along with the creation of Thai culture and inspiration. The intricate art décor caught my eye as the room seemed to be designed in a certain way, most importantly the interior lighting. This was mostly shown through the hanging red paper lanterns, cultural wall art, large plants and such. The room itself is spacious and comfortable, with a freshening feel to it as well.

Bangkok Bistro is located at 12E Mountain Avenue in Bloomfield, Conn. Luckily, they are available for takeout, catering or even reservations by calling their phone number, 860-206-7128. Conveniently, they are also included on GrubHub’s delivery service app, which is a huge plus for hungry college students within the area. The restaurant itself is located in a well-visited shopping plaza in the Bloomfield location, making it easier for college students and residents to easily order food when they please.

While looking at the extensive menu, my taste buds were craving for some type of orange chicken. The dish I ended up receiving included many different spices and peppers, along with vegetables for the chicken. I already felt my mouth watering as I watched Andrew bring our meals to the table. With a large proportion of the meal, we were also given a side of rice to enjoy our dishes. Chris ended up ordering the Thai curry along with the rice as well. “The flavor was an explosion in my mouth” he says. After a few bites in, it was clear that Chef Anong paid close attention to detail for each and every single one of her dishes. The use of authentic Thai spices makes Bangkok Bistro’s creations different than the rest. As for next time, we were highly recommended to try the usual customer’s favorite dish, which is mango with sticky-sweet rice seasoned with salty-sweet coconut milk, served with fresh slices of mango. To think about it, we were so full of our main orders, although it is a delicious bite for the end of a meal. It is strongly recommended for all to visit Bangkok Bistro to enjoy their unique selections of authentic Thai meal creations.

The Bistro is open Monday to Sunday, closed Sundays with hours from 11:30 am – 9:30 pm, Monday to Thursdays, Friday and Saturday 11:30-10 pm (daily serving Lunch and Dinner)